Pages

October 20, 2011

Winner - 8th Place, Writer's Digest 80th Annual Writing Competition (TV & Movie Scripts)


Click here for list of winners.

I just got word that I came in 8th place in the Writer`s Digest 80th Annual Writing Competition (TV & movie script category), for my original script, "Spare Change".  

It was my first crack at writing a script and, because I only learned about the contest four days before the deadline, I had to work fast.  (These days, that just sounds like a typical week at VFS!)  So this is very cool, and I'm very honoured!  Sounds like names of top winners in all ten categories (including fiction, poetry, stage play, and others) will be published in the November edition of Writer's Digest.

To all you aspiring writers out there, if you haven't heard of WD magazine or their annual competition, check it out online here.  They also have several other major writing competitions throughout the year, as well as a heap of writing resources (such as the annual and indispensable Writer's Market family of directories).

It's definitely worth the click!

1 comments:

  1. Congrats my wonderful nephew !! That is so good !!Love you, Auntie Mom xx

    ReplyDelete