Pages

December 31, 2013

My Resolutions for 2014

Okay 2014, I'm ready for you! Here's what we're gonna get done this year:

1. Break bread with as many interesting, creative, effective, and real people as possible.

2. Inspire, encourage, and/or enrich the life of at least one person every day.

3. Resist all negativity, distractions, and apparent defeat like Teflon, living every day by the mantra, "Stay positive, stay focused, and do the work!"

4. Complete two feature film screenplays by the end of March. (Deadlines are my friends.)

5. Entertain all manner of story ideas, however wild, woolly, or improbable. Mold, shape, and polish to a well-constructed, universally-appealing, commercially-viable luster.

6. Record one album of original songs. (Riches and glory may come along for the ride if they wish, but I'm taking the trip regardless.)

7. Finish that children's book I started when I was 19 and send it to my publisher by the end of May.

8. Get a publisher. And an agent.

9. Make at least one film, however small, about something that moves me deeply.

10. End the year healthier, wealthier, wiser, and happier than I started it.

11. Recognize that resolutions and lists are totally meaningless unless carried out in full.

You hear me, 2014? I'm comin' after ya!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment